Weight Loss Date Calculator | Goal Weight Calculator
SummaryThere is lots of advice out there on how to cut calories. We've found one of the clearest and widely agreed-to sources of information is from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the official healt
There is lots of advice out there on how to cut calories. We've found one of the clearest and widely agreed-to sources of information is from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the official health organization of the United States. Start with their article on Cutting Calories.
Starting an exercise program is simpler, but there are still some useful guidelines. Try the CDC's Physical Activity for a Healthy Weight.
How the Weight Loss Calculator Works
The Science Behind Calculating Weight Loss
While losing weight involves many variables that change from person to person, there is still a core science that can be the basis behind planning a weight loss strategy. The widely-accepted science behind the weight loss calculator is:
- One pound of mostly-fat body weight is the equivalent of 3,500 calories of either food or exercise.
- The appropriate amount of calories to cut from your diet is between 20% and 40% of your normal calorie requirement. See the CDC.
- Moderate exercise is considered to be 4.5 METs. (A MET is a rate of energy expenditure, similar to watts.) Vigorous exercise is 7 METs. Calorie consumption is: 1 calorie (technically, kilocalorie) per kilogram body weight per hour per MET.
Limitations of Body Weight Color Coding
The math behind the body weight color coding, something called Body Mass Index (BMI), is applicable and useful for about 95% of the population. It is not useful for highly fit people (who won't be using this calculator anyway). It is also not useful for very tall people. Use the color coding as a guideline for evaluating your body weight. Don't use it as a medical diagnosis.
Calorie Reduction Recommendation
This is a reduction compared to your estimated nominal calorie consumption, meaning the amount of calories you consume while staying the same weight. If you are currently gaining weight, you need to reduce your calories even further.
Keeping track of how many calories you consume is not easy. WebMD has a good food calorie list.
Examples of Moderate Intensity Exercise
- Walking briskly (around 3 miles per hour)
- Water aerobics
- Bicycling 6 to 10 miles per hour
- Tennis (doubles)
- Ballroom dancing
- General gardening
Examples of Vigorous Intensity Exercise
- Jogging or running
- Hiking uphill or with a heavy backpack
- Jumping rope
- Tennis (singles)
- Aerobic dancing
- Heavy gardening (continuous digging or hoeing)
- Bicycling 10 miles per hour or faster
- Non-casual swimming laps
ROSE & PEONY | WIX Blog TemplateROSE and PEONY | WIX Blog Template is a stylish, elegant and super easy to edit template ideal for bloggers in fashion, beauty or lifestyle. 8 Page Designs include: Home Page, Fashion Category Page, B
Food Service Contract Template with SampleA food service contract is an agreement between a restaurant, caterer or food service business and an organization with mouths to feed. Whichever side of the agreement you're on, a food service contr
quotation template, Invoice template, sample invoiceQuotation Template and Invoice Template Xin Invoice software comes with range of invoice templates, quotation templates, credit note templates, delivery note templates and customer statement templates
Smart tips to help you format and write a cover letterYou've found the perfect job, hit the "apply" button, and started the process with your engines revved and ready. But wait! Slam the brakes! They want a cover letter. Oh no. Don't let this requ
35+ Best WordPress Restaurant Themes 2020A high-quality restaurant deserves top-notch presentation, and a stellar website is perfect for showing off your business to prospective diners. Many people head online to find their next meals, so pi
Family Feud Customizable Powerpoint TemplateFamily Feud Customizable Powerpoint Template Description: This is a customizable Family Feud powerpoint game (which now includes a Fast Money round) that you can edit and use for your ministry, class
40 Simple Food Diary Templates & Food Log ExamplesMaking a lifestyle change can be difficult, which is why it’s important to track what you’re doing and how you feel when changing to a special diet or trying to work with special nutritional needs
Weight Loss Log Templates | 4+ Free Printable Word, Excel & PDF Formats, Samples,A weight loss log template is a priceless dieting tool which keeps track of your current weight, the amount of time you have exercised and the number of calories or drinks that you consumed during the
- Weight Loss Date Calculator | Goal Weight Calculator
- Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan: Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Seminars Business Plan Sample - Services | Bplans
- 5 Full-Time Fat-Blasting Workouts: Weight Training For Fat Loss!
- Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 30 Days - 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge
- 5 Best weight loss programs for women
- Free 1200 Calorie Diet Menu - 30 Day Weight Loss Diet Plan
- Weight Watchers Free - Why pay? Do it free
- 16 Awesome Catering Website Templates 2020
- Floral Free Printable Meal Planner Template
- 20+ Best HTML Responsive Booking Templates for Travel, Hotel Booking Sites 2020
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss: Templates, Recipes and More
- Free HTML Templates to Download & Customize
- Diet And Exercise Log Template | Word Excel Templates
- Free Printable Weekly Planner for Weight Loss, spring / summer body ready, go!
- Weight Loss Percentage Calculator | Calculate Weight Loss Percentage
- Free Labels for Your Jars, That You can Customize